Monday, July 30, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
About a year ago, I needed a hand project to take on vacation and decided to start a Grandmother's Flower Garden of 1" hexagons. I finished about 7 flowers and have since discovered that my home-made templates weren't printed to scale. I've since decided to work on it in earnest. Here's the 25 I have done so far.
Today, I found one of my favorite prints from Kate Spain's Terrain line and was able to fussy cut 6 different parts of the print for 6 different flowers.
It left a rather Swiss-cheesy mess, but I think the results will be worth it.
Here's one of the cuts. Even rearranging this one results in strikingly different flowers.