Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Break

I took a semi-break from sewing and a break from blogging for the last few weeks, but plenty has been going on . . . like catching up on all the stuff I didn't keep up on while I was pregnant and caring for a newborn (balancing the checkbook and cleaning, to name a few.)   We shuffled rooms to separate fighting children, which also means the sewing corner got shuffled too.  But plenty was happening on the sewing front . . .

I taught my son a bit of sewing (shh, don't tell anyone . . . he's embarrassed . . . as am I by that mess in the background . . . it has since been shuffled and organized.)


Here's what he made . . .


I saw this idea as a Darth Vader Pillow.  She used these pixelated pictures called iotacons.  Spencer wants to make 12 of the characters to make himself a Star Wars quilt.

I've been making several of these . . .


No, silly, not babies . . . bibs.


I'd like to say that I finished this quilt . . .


. . . but I didn't.  I was tired of quilting it, so I trimmed up and bound the 3/4ths of the quilt that was quilted.  Please tell me I'm not the only one to do this.


AND . . . the perils of having 2 machines in the house . . . I can start another quilt while one is stuck under the needle when it is half-way quilted.  I need intervention!!!  A sweet little baby quilt for a sweet little future-niece from Lollipop by Sandy Gervais for Moda.

2 comments:

The Alvey's said...

You are seriously talented!!! How much you want for a bib???? They hold up soooo much better than store ones and better coverage;)

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Fun projects! I love the star wars quilt idea...