Monday, March 21, 2011

Tips, Tricks, and Tools: Color Card

Have you drooled over the Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Color Card like I have?  I've drooled, but then gagged on the price.  I've been purchasing a lot of solids lately and decided to create my own color card.


I just cut a little scrap of each color about 2" square (usually AFTER I've used the fabric for a project to make sure I have enough), stitched it onto an index card, and wrote the company and color name on the card.  A hole-punch and book ring holds them all together.


I'm not caring that they're sewn on perfect, and some of the scraps are different sizes (just what I had left), but the samples are bigger than the 1" square on the official card.  This will be especially fun as I receive my "Solids of the Month" from Pink Chalk Fabrics.

Happy Quilting.

No comments: