Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Joe's Quilt is Finished

It's done . . . before he can even roll over ;)


I ended up stippling.  I need a walking foot before I attempt straight line quilting again.


I pieced the back too precisely, which meant it ended up being too small.  I added what I had left . . . blue.  I wish I had at least split up the blue with a couple of little pieces of brown, but if "wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry." 


I almost like the back better than the front.  Almost.


All in all, I'm rather pleased.  Do you think maybe Joe is too?


Quilt Stats:
Size: 43" x 52"
Fabric: All Stars 2 by Riley Blake (bound with the stripes of the same line)
Kona Chocolate and Kona Baby Blue
Pattern: Chain Linked by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter

2 comments:

Wendy W. said...

So, so cute! Both the quilt and Joe. You are so talented. Do you sew and sell? Friends and family discount?

SewSara said...

that's awesome! i love his name on the back. great great quilt :)