Monday, January 24, 2011

A Valentine's Table Runner

Another WIP (just what I needed).  This cute little baby will be receiving some quilting and some stunning RED binding in the coming days, but I couldn't wait to share.


From a Giddy charm pack (by Sandy Gervais for Moda) I selected 7 squares.


I ironed them on fusible web and traced the biggest heart I could create. (I cut out a 5" square, folded it on the diagonal, and cut the top of the heart.)  Traced around a little cup to use up the rest of the square.


I arranged them on a 14.5" x half-a-width-of-fabric background piece, fused them, and stitched around them using a dark colored thread and the blanket stitch on my machine.  For the borders (I didn't take pictures, sorry), I selected 7 more squares, cut them in half, and sewed them in two sets of seven.  Pretty easy, refer to the picture above.  I'm working on another one with the browns and pinks from the same charm pack.  hee hee hee.


On another note, my son was supposedly taking pictures of his science fair experiment.  I found a bunch of these instead . . . turkey.

No comments: