Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Quilting Beginning

I've been so inspired by Diane's new linky party where you post about the beginning of a project.  Since I'm almost finished quilting my I Spy quilt, I've been thinking about beginning the quilting on this HST-warm/cool quilt. 
 
 
The top has been done for a while now, but set aside in fear of how to quilt it.  I was lucky enough to win a copy of Angela Walter's new book, Free-Motion Quilting.  This book is amazing and has so many ideas.
 
 
I think I'm going to emphasize the diamond design by stitching a new pattern in each round.  I was even thinking of trying curvy patterns in the warm sections and more geometric-squarish patterns in the cool sections.  This will be a great opportunity to try out some of the designs on an already busy quilt.
 
I'm going to finish up that I Spy quilt, hopefully, today and get this basted over the weekend.  Here's to new beginnings.  Thanks, Diane, for some motivation!  Linking up at from the blank pages.
 

No comments: