Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scrappy Bow-Tie Quilt Finish

I participated in the Scrappy Bow-Tie block swap over on flickr this spring.  It was a fun, new adventrue to participate in a block swap.  Although the quality of what I received was sometimes disappointing, I was glad to be involved in the social experience of swapping blocks and then the exercise of making them all work together.
 
I decided to sort them by color in groups of 4 to create a larger block . . .
 
 
and then distributed the blocks to balance color and value.
 
 
This was destined for a talent auction at our family reunion, so I used a striped sheet for the backing and binding.

 
I free-motion stippled the entire quilt . . . a quick quilting finish.
 
 
And a signature to claim it as mine.
 
 
Quilt Stats:
Fabric: assorted scraps, twin-size flat sheet for back and binding
Pattern: Scrappy Bow-Tie
Finished Size: about 60" x 60"
Quilting: free-motion stippling by me
Finish Date: May 2012

No comments: