Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I Spy Quilt Finish

My I Spy Snowball Quilt is finally complete.  I exchanged 5" I Spy charms through several flickr swaps and private trades, adding to my already extensive stash of novelty prints to end with 300 charms for a twin size quilt.
 
 
Backed with a robot print from JoAnns (gasp, I know).  Joe has been watching Wall-E lately, so he thinks these are Wall-E and Eve.
 
 
Straight line quilting and striped binding, channeling Rita of Red Pepper Quilts . . . man that woman has mad skills.  I, on the other hand, apparently, cannot sew a straight line to save my life.  But like my mom always says, "It looks good from the stage."
 
 
And here's the munchkin for whom it is intended.  He'll be turning 2 next week, and this quilt will eventually be for a "big boy bed" . . . but since I've been through this before and he's my baby, I'm dragging out the crib entrapment for as long as I can *insert evil cackle here*.
 
 
Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Traditional Snowball (5" starting square, 2" squares sewn across the diagonal for the corners . . . may have done the calculations wrong, needing to cut the 2" on the diagonal and then sew with a 1/4" seam, but I didn't know how to line it up, so 2" squares it was.)
Fabric: A wide assortment of novelty charms, Kona White
Backing: Robot print from JoAnns
Binding: Red/White stripe from the Dr. Suess collection by Robert Kauffman
Finished Size: 68" x 90" (generous twin)
Finished Date: Today! September 18, 2012

3 comments:

News from the Nest said...

Beautiful quilt! Darling two year old!

Becca said...

Wow, I just found your blog through Year of Less and scrolled back through some of your projects. I can't believe your productivity and the beautiful things you are creating! This quilt in particular is completely amazing!

Sonia B said...

Thanks Becca . . . I'm not as productive as you might think . . . I took a year off of blogging and am trying to catch up, so some of these projects are from over a year ago.